Saturday, May 3, 2008

BIG GIRL BED!

It's a big day in Ella's world today because she moved from her crib to a BIG GIRL BED! She's soooo excited. She started asking for one earlier this week so today we decided to convert her crib to the toddler bed functionality.

I'm a little diaspointed and not sure what to do because as you can see from this picture, the toddler rail that goes with the crib (although it was an additional $60) doesn't do a thing. It barely even goes an inch above the mattress so it's pretty useless.

We have put a regular bed rail on


But all bed rails say they are not for toddler beds and should be used only on twin size are bigger. Getting a twin is not an option right now, so we aren't sure if we should just stick with the mesh bed rail or just use the one that came with the bed but isn't very high? What do you all think?

Ella has just wanted to hang out in her bed all day-we had to drag her away to go to Target. She's even been inviting everyone to join her, including Mikka.

She's so proud of herself. She's upstairs taking a nap now, which is a total miracle and not something I'm expecting to be repeated (she was exhausted) and as she was falling asleep she kept saying, "I'm a big girl! I'm a big girl!" Too cute.

She's so proud of her big girl status that today at Target she even asked for and picked out some of her own big girl underwear (Cinderella and The Little Mermaid). We're not going to pick back up potty training for another month or so since it seems to stress her out so much, but this is a step in the right direction.

I just can't believe she's in a big girl bed...she just keeps growing up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute! we have that same option for hazel's crib.. i think we're going to put the toddler rail up soon!

Lisa said...

So adroable! I love how Mikka has made herself comfy too. Don't you wish you could hit record on the monitor sometimes to catch all those cute sayings.

The Mendez Family said...

I love that Mikka has jumped in bed with her ~ adorable pics! How's she doing sleeping in the big girl bed? Does she get out in the middle of the night? We need to transfer Reagan at some point, but I don't think she's ready yet ... or maybe we're just not ready for her to have that freedom!

Brandi said...

Where did you get that rail from? We just converted my little one's crib to daybed as well and she keeps falling out of it, it didn't come with a rail at all. Please email me. Thanks. bdescamps@gmail.com