Last night, Hillary came to NJ. My friend Nicole (Mia and Bennett's mom) and I were lucky enough to attend.
What a cool experience. I've never been to a political rally and the energy was really exciting
It was packed! In fact the fire department came and closed the doors on our faces! But we were lucky enough to get in to the overflow room.
Nicole and I waiting to get in to the overflow room
At first we were disappointed, since we had to watch the speeches on a big screen TV, not live, but then we realized we were seated right next to the baracade and standing right next to us was a secret service guy. So we started to chat it up with him (of course we did, right?) and he told us the Hillary was going to come in to our room, right where we were standing.
Proudly wearing my Hillary for President Pin
Nicole and I felt like little kids we were so giddy we were bouncing up and down! Such dorks.
Anyway, after the rally, they ushered Hillary into our room and it was like a whirlwind. People were pushing us up against the baracade and the secret service were yelling at us to move back. I swear I felt I was at a rock concert.
But we were right next to Hillary! Both Nicole and I got to shake her hand. The pictures I'm posting below will show you how close we were. I didn't zoom at all, in fact the one time my camera was accidentally on zoom, I only got a picture of Hillary's cheek. :D

It was a really wonderful experience. She is a wonderful public speaker and is quite beautiful in real life.Nicole and I ended our fabulous evening at Chili's eating salads (good) and drinking beer (bad). :)
I'm so glad we made the effort to get down to North Bergen and waited in the cold. It is a night I won't soon forget.



3 comments:
now *this* is a great way to spend a friday night!
Wow Lex- That sounds like such an awesome night!!!
At least California and New York oh yeah and New Jersey got it right, go Hillary!
Pete
Post a Comment