Monday, February 4, 2008

What a Week!

Yikes! This was a tough week for the Martinez Family!



First, Sofia had a cold/teething and was a little clingy and whiney. I also think she's starting with seperation anxiety because she cries when she can't see me and the other day Ricardo was holding her, and I came in the room and she tried to leap out of his arms in to mine and is starting to lift her arms out to be picked up. So cute!


Then, Ella got the flu, and it was bad. I won't go in to too much detail but I will say that it involved A LOT of laundry and a trip to the pediatrician which ended in our clothes wrapped in towels in a bag, Ella in her diaper and jacket only and me in a hospital gown only...use your imagination. It was not pretty.


Poor girl. She kept telling me, "I sick, Mommy."


Luckily, it was only a 24-36 hour bug and by Friday evening she was feeling much better.


But then, Daddy got sick!! Poor guy. He woke up Sunday morning with 103 temperature and pretty much slept all day long. He didn't even get to go to our friends' house to watch the Superbowl.


But in between all the sickies in the house, we did have a little fun too.


Sofia is really loving sitting up. She does it so well now. I bathed her in the kitchen sink on Friday and she didn't even need support to sit (of course I kept my hand on her back though-we don't need her toppling over in to the water!)


As mentioned in my post from last week, Ella is very in to singing. Cousin Kianna and Aunt Anne and Uncle Garrett bought Sofia this adorable singing nursery rhyme book for Christmas. Ella has decided this gift was for her and takes it EVERYWHERE we go. She sings every song and then closes the book and proclaims, "THE END".


Here she is singing One Two, Buckle My Shoe:


Oh, and I swear this isn't posed. Ella's books are on the bookshelf right below some of my books. She likes to look through my books sometimes as well but usually puts them back quickly when she realizes there aren't any pictures.


I was doing dishes after dinner on Saturday, and came in to the living room to find Ella engrosed in Stephen Colbert's, "I AM AMERICA, AND SO CAN YOU"



If you are wondering what's on her forehead, it's the "The Stephan J Colbert Award for The Literacy Excellence" sticker. Apparently, she thinks she's award worthy. I found another one on her leg at bathtime.


She saw me taking her pictures and flashed a little fake smile.

Nothing else exciting to report here. Hopefully this week will be less sick filled.

3 comments:

Anne said...

oh wow... i'm sorry you all got sick!! (alexis, were you able to avoid it all?) sofia is absolutely adorable sitting up in the bathtub! and ella is hilarious with that colbert book! you have two beautiful girls there. :) miss you guys! (oh, and i'm so glad ella likes the book! sofia can take it back when she's old enough to sing along) :)

The Mendez Family said...

Such cute pictures! I love the pics of Sofia in the sink ~ I can't believe she's sitting up already! Glad to hear everyone is feeling better, since sick families are no fun at all. Love the blog :)

Anonymous said...

Will you please send that picture to the Colbert Report. I bet he'd use it.