Monday, June 16, 2008

Choo Choo Train, Father's Day, and the Beach

Saturday and Sunday were both action packed days, which is why today we are laying low.

Ella had been dying to take the train for probably the last 6 months since we see if go by almost every day.

Saturday morning Gaga, Ella, Sofia and I took the train from Westwood to Hoboken, which is a town in NJ which is on the Hudson River and is directly across from NYC. What a great town and WOW what a view of NYC. Daddy met us in Hoboken with the car (great idea Gaga, since both girls started melting down at lunch) and we all had lunch together, got a parking ticket, and came home.

Gaga, Ella, and Sofia waiting for the train inside the Westwood train station-look everyone is looking at the camera!


On the train! What fun-every time we stopped at a station Ella yelled, "No, I don't want to go home yet."




We were going to go to Chuck E Cheese for Ella's "Potty Party" (seriously, what has become of me?) that night but everyone (read: Ella) was too tired so we just cooked at home.

Sunday Morning was Father's Day! Happy Father's Day Daddy! The girls and I gave Ricardo his cards and he requested a beach day for Father's Day. So we packed everything up and headed down to Pt. Pleasant again.Our friends, The Lomaxes, kids Ben and Jessica-with whom Ella is slightly obsessed with, met us down there too.

Ella thinks she's a mermaid because we couldn't get her out of the water! Sofia just manned the cooler and halfway through the day we saw another family with a tiny baby pool and thought it was a great idea so we bought a little baby pool at the store on the boardwalk (only $8!) and filled it with ocean water so Sofia could play in the water without worrying about the waves. She LOVED it-of course I didn't get one picture of her in it.

Sofia and Daddy


Ella and Daddy in the water



Sofia at the cooler-I want to eat those legs!

I tried to get a picture of the Ella, Jess, and Ben. Jess and Ben cooperated. Ella looks like she's yelling, "C'mon MOOOOOMMM, just let me go to the water!" Oy.


Sofia just chilled, happy as a clam.


Around 3pm the beautiful blue sky began to turn a horrible shade of black. Within minutes the lightening and thunder started and the lifeguard were blowing their whistles getting everyone out of the water. Man, I've never seen a beach clear so fast. For these Californians, it was actually pretty cool getting caught in a summer thunder storm. Of course, we all got soaked! But we didn't mind, we were too busy talking about how fast the rain came and how fast it flooded the roadways. With that, we decided to pack up and head back home. I tried to get some pics while we were loading the car but I don't think it's accurately shows the amount of rain that was falling!




Kind of a cool way to end our beach day!

Today Ricardo left on a business trip to Miami again, but not after getting over the GW(George Washington Bridge)and realizing he left his wallet at home! Oops. Good thing the driver picked him up a little early or else he would have missed his flight.

Hope everyone had a nice Father's Day!

1 comments:

annie :) said...

Whoa! Crazy beach weather! Can't believe how big the girls are getting! They're both so perfect! Can you tell I have girl envy ;) ;)