Sunday, June 1, 2008

My trip with Liisa

This weekend was a nice vacation for me. I got to spend Saturday and Sunday down in Moorestown with my good friend, Liisa. Liisa and I have known each other since we were about 6 years old. We were pretty much attached at the hip until our Sophomore year in high school when her family moved from California to Virgina.

Right now we both live in New Jersey, which is pretty funny and pretty random, so we've been able to spend some time together.

Moorestown is about 15 minutes from Philadelphia, PA. So we got to hang out in Philly quite a bit.

Saturday night we went to a fabulous restaurant, Positano Coast. Wow, amazing seafood.

Liisa and her boyfriend, Paolino have two adorable pitbulls, Molly and Nate. I didn't have to sleep alone on Saturday night, Nate shared the bed with me. He's such a sweet dog, except for the fact that he decided 6:30 am was a great time to wake up and stood over me licking my face until I woke up...good thing he's cute.

On Sunday we went back to Philly and enjoyed a fabulous brunch at Farmicia. Then we walked to Historic Philadelphia and saw Independence Hall, Christ Church-Where Benjamin Franklin is buried, and the Betsy Ross House.
We then found Jeweler's Row which we were quite happy about and spend some time looking at pretties. :)
Next stop was Reading Terminal, which is an indoor food market and really cool, for some ice cream. Very yummy!
Last stop was a trip to the famouse "LOVE" sculpture.

It was such a fun trip, but of course I missed Ricardo and the girls. I'd love to go back to Philly with them for a weekend trip this summer. I'm sure the girls would love it!

Oh, I'm trying to get Ricardo to send me some of his pictures from his work trip to Bangkok so I can post about it. It was really great trip for him.

4 comments:

Tiffany L Cook said...

oh I'm so jealous! There are some really great spots in philly. I'm glad you had a great weekend Lex. You definitely deserved your mini vacay!

Peggy O. said...

It was so nice to see the photos of you and Liisa together! What a delight to see the two of you grown and still so beautiful and still such good friends. It brought tears to my eyes.
Much love,
Peggy O.

The Mendez Family said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend getaway ~ wow, I'm jealous! Philly is such a great city with so many things to see ... I once did a day trip with my parents (drove down from here in the morning, then back in the evening) ~ not a bad drive!

Laura said...

That looks like so much fun. I've always heard Philly is a fun town (in the summer!).
Too bad Nate woke you up on the one morning you didn't have to get up on mommy duty. :( But he is pretty adorable!