I'm so thankful that I sent Ella to preschool this year. She has learned so much-both intellectually (is that possible at 2?) and socially. She now sleeps in a big girl bed and is fully potty trained and I really do think a lot of that is because she is the youngest in her class and saw the older kids doing so much.
When we left the house this morning for school, I said, Ella let me take a picture of you in your pretty dress, and the is what she did:
But then I tricked her and told her I put the camera away and it was time to get in the car and go to school. HAAA! Gotcha!
I dropped Ella off at 9:15 and then came back at 10:45 and the kids sang some songs for their moms (well the teachers did most of the singing).
Her fake "beaver" smile
Here they are singing a butterfly song (video gets boring after the butterfly song but I don't know how to edit it-sorry)
Ella took of her shoe mid-Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee and just slid over to Fran to get her to put back on her shoe and continued to sing. Poor Jordy (sitting next to Ella) was sad that school was over.
Ring around the Rosie
We tried to get all the kids to sit down on the rug again with their teachers so we could get a class picture. If I didn't have enough respect for school photographers before, I do now. Wow, was the impossible.
As you can see, Ella is busy making Elephant noises.
After school, most of us met at a local park to play and have lunch. Unfortunately we couldn't stay long because we had to get back to let our sitter who was watching Sofia go, but we did play for a bit. It's nice that the kids enjoy each other so much.
Summer Camp starts in one week and Ella will have a blast there. They get to go swimming and on field trips and she's even going to eat lunch there! Such a big girl. It's going to be great, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad to see thee end of this wonderful year.



0 comments:
Post a Comment