Well really, it all started one year ago yesterday (8/12/07). I was 39 weeks pregnant and had cramping on and off starting in the evening (Sunday). I thought nothing of it, just that I was 39 weeks pregnant, it was hot, and I was carrying around a 22 month old. When I woke up the next morning (8/13/07) I was still cramping on and off.
Ricardo urged me to call the Dr. but it didn't hurt and I didn't think anything of it but I said if I was still having the cramping after I woke up from my nap (oh how I miss the days where I could nap when my kid did) I would call.
So I woke up around 3pm and still had a little cramping so I called. They told me to come in right away since I was 39 weeks pregnant. So I left Ella with my mom (who had just come in town to be on baby watch) and headed to the Dr. with Ricardo.
They got me in right away...it was nice to not have to wait for 30+ minutes like I usually had to.
So I get in, the Dr. comes in and does the exam and looks at me cross-eyed and says, "Sweetie, you are 5 cm dilated and in active labor. Do you not feel the contractions?" Ummm, I guess not.
So off we headed home to pack our bags (remember how you pack the bag weeks early with the first? Ya, you don't do that with the second...) and then off to the hospital.
We checked in a little after 5 pm and anxiously awaited the birth of our second daughter.
Of course it wasn't without a little drama. The Dr. refused to give me an epidural due to my MS. It wasn't until midnight and a trip (out of my pocket) from a neurologist to give me the OK that I was finally allowed one....but this takes us to tomorrow, so you will just have to wait for the outcome (I'll give you a hint: It ends well.)
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
One year ago today...
Posted by Alexis at 3:44 PM
Labels: Sofia's birth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment