Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Birthday Party....Carli's 4th

Saturday was a very busy and fun day for us-specifically Ella.

The morning started off with gymnastics at 10 am. Ella loves gymnastics! It's so fun to watch her too. Yesterday she actually held on to the lower parallel bar and brought her feet up on the bar as well. Cool.

In the afternoon, she had a birthday party for her friend, and classmate, Carli. Carli also takes gymnastics but at a different studio up in Orangeburg, NY. She had her birthday there and wow, what a great gymnastics studio and a cool place for a birthday.

It's surprising to me that even at 3, Ella is already self conscious and aware of when she's "different" than other kids. When I told her Carli's party was at a gymnastics studio, Ella insisted on wearing one of her leotards. When we got there, only Carli and one other girl was wearing a leotard-the other 25 kids were not. Ella looked around and then ran off the floor and insisted that I put her sweats on. I asked if the bottoms were enough but she insisted on the top as well and she wanted it zipped to the very top. I was hoping I could shelter her from those feelings for just a little bit longer...

We had the whole place to ourselves!
Can you guess where Ella spent the majority of her time? Yes, the giant bouncy slide.
With Hannah (I cropped you out Lori!)

Having a great time.
Gymnastics
And my favorite, Ella's unassisted SOMMERSAULT. How dare you call it a log roll!

In the evening, we went out to dinner and to Westwood's "Home For The Holidays" parade with Diana, Ramin, Natalie, and Jeremy but that will be the next post.

0 comments: