Sunday, December 7, 2008

Home for the Holidays

Saturday night was our town's Annual "Home For The Holidays" parade.

It was a really nice night for the parade-about 35 degrees and no wind. Last year it was in the low 20's but it was super windy so with the windchill it was in the teens! Since Sofia was just a newborn we opted to skip it, which made us sad, because Ella loved it so much the year before, so we were really happy that the weather was decent this year. We're extra lucky because today has been freezing, with very high winds and a low tonight of 16 degrees (2 degrees with the windchill).

We met Ramin, Diana, Natalie, and Jeremy at The Iron Horse before the parade for dinner and then walked outside to enjoy the parade right in front of the restaurant. Both girls just loved it and Ella was so excited to see Santa-even though he didn't throw out candy this year... you know the economy is bad when even Santa is cutting back!

This is a horrible picture but I was trying to show how packed it was. We were towards the end of the parade and there was just a sea of people all the way down Westwood Ave. It was really cool!


Westwood Parade is the big time now-We've got floats!
An attempt at a picture with Ella. She was way too in to the parade to look at a camera!

Poor Sofia and Jeremy looked like Ralphie from "A Christmas Story"
Ralphie and Daddy
We tried to get a picture of Ella and Natalie but we couldn't get them to look at the camera at the same time. Diana might have a decent picture on her camera, but I got nothing!

Ella enjoying the parade
Doesn't Sofia look miserable here?
Then she saw Santa!

It was really a great time and something I really love about our town. Now we just have to wait to find out what night Santa come down our street on top of the fire truck. I think my favorite part is the loudspeaker announcing "Santi Clauus is coming, Santi Clauus is coming!"

This morning we decided to make sugar cookies for our wonderful neighbors and mailman. Holy cow! Sugar cookies are so time consuming and even though you put in a ton of effort, they still come out looking horrible. But, like our gingerbread house, it was fun, and Ella had a blast making them and bringing them to our neighbors houses and our neighbors enjoyed receiving them. :)

Rolling the dough
Making the cut outs
Coloring the frosting

Decorating her cookie
The finished product
I know I keep saying this, but it's been so fun celebrating holidays with Ella this year. She's so in to them.

I had to laugh tonight though while reading Ella her Hanukkah books tonight....so this is America.

3 comments:

Elastagirl said...

Your cookies are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

I think they look great...wha you talkin about Willis? They're very pretty. But...they are a ton of work. One year we made Chanukah sugar cookies-notice I said "1 Year". Also, glad to see that Ella "throws" herself into her work. I love the flour all over her face. Wow, the picture of Fifa Roni when she saw Santa is great. You guys have the same eyes. Love GAGA

Anonymous said...

By the way, maybe if you got out of those pj bottoms...I'm just saying!