Ok, this is hopefully the final update but I'm not sure, at this point I'm forgetting the days so I'll do my best to recap.
Friday (the days after Christmas), we went to see The Slovers and exchange gifts. Pete and Stacey are our dear friends from San Diego (Ricardo and I were both lucky enough to be in their beautiful wedding) but Stacey actually grew up in the same town as me, and we went to the same high school. Stacey was a Sophomore when I was a Senior and well, I wouldn't say we were the best of friends back then (hehe) but luckily we are now!
Pete and Stacey had their first baby, Nicholas one month after Sofia was born. We didn't get to meet him until this last August at Sofia's 1st birthday party!
He's such a cutie pie and he and Sofia had so much fun playing with each other.
Nick-look closely, closer, closer. Ok, fine, look at his feet? Yea, he's wearing Ella's shoes...I swear it was funny at the time.

Ella "petting" Nick. Awww, you're so cute!

Sofia and Nick playing peek-a-boo

Ella taking a ride

That evening, we went over to Papa Frank's house to see Uncle Will and Celebrate Papa Frank's birthday. Ella picked out the girls attire for the evening...their new fuzzy pajamas from Papa and Abuela. People, I pick and choose my battles with this 3 year old and that was not one battle I was going to fight. Not worth it!
Ella with Uncle Will

Sofia and Uncle Will

Sofia spent a couple of minutes posing for the camera. This one is "pouty"

Ella taking a ride on Daddy the Elephant

She then coherced Uncle Will in to playing Elephant too. Doesn't he look pleased?

Ella and Papa Frank blowing out the candles

Sofia and Papa Frank

On Saturday, we tried to lay low to let the girls catch up on sleep. We went and made some returns and Sofia saw her most beloved Barbie Island Princess dress at Toys R Us and ran right up to Gaga (isn't it funny how even at 3 she knows to run to Gaga not mom) and asked her if she could have it. Of course Gaga couldn't resist...Ella had to wear it that evening to a party we went to.
Barbie Island Princess

That evening, Ricardo and I went over to our good friends Brian and Staci's house in Daly City. Brian, Jack, Jay and Ricardo have all been best friends since high school and have all known each other since since elementary school. It's crazy how long they've known each other! The boys have all been in each others weddings (except for Jay who's still enjoying the single life).
Staci was due with their first baby on January 1st but we were hoping we could convince baby to come out but he was quite cozy in there and didn't actually come until January 8th! We were so sad to have missed him, but wow is he adorable!
Brian and Staci-their last picture as a couple

The girls-Christina (Jack's wife who's pregnant and due in July!!), Staci, and me

The boys! Jay, Ricardo, Jack, and Brian

This is the real boys...I can't believe Jay is trying to lick Ricardo's ear!
On Sunday we went in to The City and just hung out with Papa and Abuela.
Ella and Papa watching Sleeping Beauty

We then went over and got to see cute cousin Emilio. He's changed so much since we last saw him in August. Plus we got to see Rachel and Pierre's beautiful home in the city. They've gutted it and are completely remodeling it. It's coming out beautifully...but still the main attraction was Emilio!
Ella trying to teach Emilio how to say Dada

Emilio and Ricardo

Ella trying to hold Emilio

one more update to go!
0 comments:
Post a Comment