Wednesday, April 2, 2008

2 more Sofia milestones!

Sofia is learning new things every day. It's pretty amazing to watch. I worried that milestones wouldn't be as exciting for us as parents the second time around, but I'm happy to report, it's just as exciting to watch #2 develop.

So today Sofia did two things:

#1-Perfected the pincer grasp! She's been trying to get food in to her mouth on her own for a couple of weeks, but usually misses. Today at dinner she got all her puffs in her mouth by herself-one at a time! She also sucked on a green bean tonight while the rest of us were eating dinner. She's been really good with her mum mums and her zweiback toast.

#2-Pulling her self to standing. So, as you all know, she's been standing for a couple of weeks but she hasn't been able to pull herself up to it. She's been trying for the past couple of days (around the same time she began to get in the sitting position by herself). Today, I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready and Ella and Ricardo were coloring. Ricardo called for me. Sofia had pulled herself up to her learning table! Yea Sofia...although I foresee some sleep issues as soon as she figures out that standing in the crib is much more fun than sleeping in it. :)

0 comments: