Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Conversations With Ella

Ella: Mommy, my baby cousin is in my belly. I want to see her.

Me: What? ?

Ella: Yeaaaaa, baby cousin is in my belly. She come out soon.

Me: Where does she come out?

Ella: Out of my belly button. Come out soon baby cousin. I want to hold her.

What??? Where the heck did she get baby cousin? I can understand the whole baby in the belly concept but the baby cousin? Too funny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes when Ella is grumpy she actually asks to go to her room for some quiet time. She usually reads or plays with her dollhouse.

Yesterday she was mad at me because Sofia was grumpy and needed a lot of my attention so she went to her room. After about 5 minutes I went to check on her and she was sitting on the floor reading and when she saw me open her door she yelled,

"Don't come in my room, Mommy! Close the door!"

Uhhh, WHAT? Umm, kid, you are 2 not 13! Don't come in my room? Really?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella was going to the bathroom and hears Sofia crawling around the corner towards us...

"Don't bother me in the bathroom, Sofia!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today she was running in circles in the house pushing her baby stroller and she slipped and fell and I heard, "Easy tiger!" then "Are you ok, baby?"

Ricardo always says easy tiger, it's so funny to hear it come out of her mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Sofia is playing with something she doesn't want her to play with we always tell her she can't just take it away. She has to give her something equally good and something that Sofia actually wants.

What usually happens is that Ella rips something cool out of Sofia's hands and gives her something like oh a toilet paper roll, and Sofia cries.

So a couple of days ago I hear Sofia happily playing with something and bossy Ella comes up and and I hear, "No no baby Sofia, you're too little to play with that. Here you go. You play with this."

So I come around the corner to see what lame toy Ella has tried to exchange with Sofia. Ella looks up catches my eye and very sweetly says, "I'm so nice to Sofia, mommy." Yea right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday when we were walking home from the library I was on the phone with my mom and I sad, "Are you having a bad day? Why are you sad?" and Ella heard me and yelled up from her seat, "No, I don't want Gaga to be sad. I make her happy. No bad day Gaga! I want to go on airplane to calicforna to see Gaga."



This kid cracks me up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As her GPapa would say, "That's a real feeling living creature". What a kid. I adore her. Easy tiger!

Elastagirl said...

Too CUTE!