Monday, July 28, 2008

LBI Part 2

On Wednesday we went to this awesome water park called Thundering Surf (click the name to see the website). I really wish I bought a waterproof camera because we had so much fun.

Ella was a crazy dare devil. We started off at Cowabunga Beach (the kids area) on a pretty fast slide (or so I thought). I asked a woman if she thought Ella could handle the big grown up slides and she said no way, her 6 year old did it once and wouldn't do it again...

Well, they have these awesome double inner tubes so we could go with Ella and she went down 8 times! 8 times! She would have gone more but our 2 hours was up. She loved it! I think I was more afraid than her.


And Sofia was a maniac on the little kid slides. I think she has even less fear than Ella!

But alas, no pictures. :(

That evening we went to Fantasy Island, which is an amusement park and arcade, with the whole gang.

Ella had a blast. Once again the fearless flyer came out.

First we stopped at Heavenly Pizza so the girls could eat. Here's Staci, Christina, Ricardo and the girls.

Fantasy Island here we come!

Ricardo and Ella on the tilt a wheel Here's a video of the two crazies!


I chose to ride a tamer ride with Ella. She LOVES to wave while on rides. She actually announces before a ride that she expects us to stand and wave to her.




After we rode a couple of rides with her, she felt brave enough to start riding on her own...well maybe not totally brave. Do you like the look of terror and the hanging on for dear life? There was no waving on this ride. But she did like it and she asked to do it again.
It was so cute because Sofia saw us waving to Ella and joined in. The last ride of the evening was the Giant Wheel.
Ella rode with Ricardo while I stayed with Sofia. As Ricardo came around from the top he looked pale and kept mouthing something to me.

Turns out the Giant Wheel was just a wee bit too GIANT for Ella. When they got to the top, Ella looked down and announced "I'm peeing!" and sure enough, she did.

So that was the end of that night....but Ella and I went back together on Friday night to use up the rest of our tokens and she had a blast and rode every ride alone!

That evening was boys night, so the girls stayed in but girls night in was still pretty darn fun.

Thursday during the day we just hung out and walked around Bay Village. Ella was so excited to get an ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.


There was a great park right on the bay which the girls loved. This picture of Ella and Ricardo throwing rocks into the bay makes me a little sad. When did she get so tall and lean? Where did my little pudgy baby go?

Oh, here she is!
Thursday night was Girls Night Out. I'm waiting for pictures from Staci since I forgot my camera but we had a great time. We started off going to a nice seafood dinner and then played some games at the arcade, won Ella a couple of dinky toys, then went back to the bar and danced to the DJ....man did we feel old.

Friday was our last full day (sniff sniff). It was also a perfect day, so we of course headed back out to the beach.

One of my favorite things about the beach is how everyone just rides up on their beach cruisers and leave them at the bottom of the ramp along with their flip flops. Views of the shore
All the tweens and teens sat up on the ramp up to the beach. Once again, Ella wanted to be like them and would try to sneak away from us on the beach to "hang out".
Sofia enjoys climbing on to anything and everything, including the beach buggy. She also had a blast putting on and taking off my sunglasses, over and over and over and over again. Then we packed up and headed back to the beach house to get ready for our last night BBQ.


Part 3 is next....

0 comments: