Tuesday, May 12, 2009

De Piero's Farm

I forgot to post these pictures from De Piero's farm. I do a mommy and me preschool class at the community center with Sofia and one of the other moms was saying that De Piero's had some baby chicks right now, so on Friday, I needed to get some veggies/fruits so I decided to take the girls with me there to look at the chicks.

Well not only do they have baby chicks right now, but they also have pigs (helllooo swine flu), goats, sheep, and calves.


It was pretty cool-but VERY stinky. Sofia loved it, but Ella was not amused.

This was how she stood the whole time we were at the stables, saying, "Ewww, it stinks, I don't like it. Can we go back inside? It's gross. I don't like this smell..."
You can see the disgust on her face behind her arm...I guess Old Macdonald's Farm is much cooler in theory.
Sofia on the other hand, couldn't get enough. So Ella was forced to stick around a little longer than she would have liked to let Sofia get in her fix.

We then went inside to see the baby chicks and ducks, which to my dismay, were there on display from a local poultry farm...EWWW. I really don't like to equate live chicken with the chicken on my plate. I mean I know in reality that's where the chicken on my plate comes from, but I prefer to pretend I don't. But they were still very cute!
Little duckies drying off.
Hey kid! See that sign that says don't touch? It's there for you. ;)

0 comments: