I'm so bummed, I was waiting for the official photos to come up before posting, because really, what good is a post without pictures? But I can't copy them off the site, we'll have to order some and then I'll scan them in but...
Ricardo ran his first 1/2 Marathon this past Sunday, down in Long Branch. Unfortunately, the weather was really rainy, so the girls and I were unable to go down and cheer him on. Also, unfortunately, his running partner, Andy, pulled his hamstring, and was unable to to run with him as planned. But, Ricardo being the true athlete that he is didn't let any of that stop him and went down there and kicked butt!
Remember, this was his first marathon and even though he "trained" he didn't really "train". I mean his idea of a weekend run has been 10-11 miles for a long time so finally he decided he might as well run a 1/2.
He finished in 1 h 36 m 49 s. That's a 7.23 mph pace!!!! He finished in 148th place out of 4636 runners!! I'm so impressed and proud of him.
Stay tuned for pictures!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Long Branch Half Marathon
Posted by Alexis at 5:29 PM
Labels: Long Branch 1/2 Marathon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I print screen my pictures, paste them in Paint software (it's part of MS accessories) crop and save them in Jpeg format.
Works every time. :) He really needs to run a full. If he runs 10 miles on Saturdays just for fun he can do a marathon pretty easy. Hell he coudl probably qualify for Boston (which is big for us running nerds)
Post a Comment