Sofia's been getting up on her hands and knees for a couple of weeks now, but recently she has really been hanging out on them and rocking back and forth. She can crawl a couple of steps backwards but she still tends to drop to her belly to go forwards. She's so close and it's driving her crazy!She's also a "talking" machine. Lot's of "dadadada" and "babababa". She loves to hear Ella talk and always tries to mimic her sounds.
She also loves her Mikka. :)
And her big sister adores her.
Ella is impressing me so much these days. She is SOOO helpful (ok, well helpful really = way more work for me-but she wants to be). She always says, "help mommy cook/give baby sister bath/open/etc...". She always gets things for me, throws things away, puts her toys away and she always brings her dishes to the sink when she's done eating.
She always says please and thank you. Now we just have to get her to only ask once instead of "ice cream please, ice cream please, ice cream please, ice cream please...." :)
She knows all her colors and is learning her shapes. Her sentences are beginning to take on proper structure including proper use of adjectives and descriptions
It's incredible that I can have a semi real conversation with her. Although with all this great speech development comes the non stop chatterbox. WOW! Seriously, she never stops. From the minute she wakes up to the minute she goes to bed she's talking (sound familiar?)
Poor Ricardo, since he's at work during the week, he got his first taste of Little Miss Chatterbox today (Saturday) and was exhausted listening to her by 3 pm. Oh my, can you imagine this house when Sofia starts talking too? He just doesn't have a chance.



2 comments:
I cannot believe she's almost crawling at 6 months old!! I can't imagine that Avery will be that far along in 2 months ... I'm not even sure if she'll be sitting up by then! I love the picture of Ella kissing Sofia.
It's hard to imagine, but she will. Ricardo and I were just talking about how it feels like they will never do something and then poof, they are doing it. It's crazy!
Post a Comment